Anti-TNF alpha antibody [CH8820] (ab18696)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [CH8820]See all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CH8820] to TNF alpha
- SpecificityThis monoclonal antibody recognizes both recombinant and native human TNF-alpha.
- Tested applicationsELISA, Neutralising, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberCH8820
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18696 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration. b18696 can be used as a capture antibody in sandwich ELISA applications for human TNF-alpha detection in combination with a monoclonal tracer/detection antibody (biotinconjugated). 4 pg/ml of TNF-alpha in serum/plasma or medium can be detected with an assay range of 0 to 2000 pg/ml. Suggested capture coating dose: 1.0-2.0µg/well|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent concentration. ab18696 neutralizes TNF-alpha activity in vitro. Use 2-5 ng of rTNF-alpha per µg of ab18696.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues: shows a strong reaction with normal kidney, liver with cirrhosis, and normal lung sample. Positive reaction with lung cancer samples.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibodyAPC1 protein antibodyCachectin antibody
- Cachectin antibodyDIF antibodyDIF antibodyDifferentiation inducing factor antibodyMacrophage cytotoxic factor antibodyMCF antibodyNecrosin antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF alpha antibodyTNF antibodyTNF antibodyTNF Macrophage Derived antibodyTNF Monocyte Derived antibodyTNF Superfamily Member 2 antibodyTNF superfamily, member 2 antibodyTNF, macrophage derived antibodyTNF, monocyte derived antibodyTNF-a antibodyTNF-alpha antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA_HUMAN antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha antibodyTumor necrosis factor antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibodyTumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [CH8820] (ab18696)
This product has been referenced in:
- Barker T et al. Vitamin E and C supplementation does not ameliorate muscle dysfunction after anterior cruciate ligament surgery. Free Radic Biol Med 47:1611-8 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19751822) »