Anti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT22] - Azide free (ab34719)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT22] - Azide freeSee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [MP6-XT22] to TNF alpha - Azide free
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, Functional Studies, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant murine TNF alpha expressed in E. coli.
- General notes
This clone (MP6-XT22) is reported to neutralise the effects of mouse TNF alpha.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant.
- Primary antibody notes This clone (MP6-XT22) is reported to neutralise the effects of mouse TNF alpha.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMP6-XT22
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Flow Cyt: 1/50 - 1/100. Use 10µl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100µl. Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application.
FuncS: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- TNF antibody
- TNF Macrophage Derived antibody
- TNF Monocyte Derived antibody
- TNF Superfamily Member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT22] - Azide free (ab34719)
This product has been referenced in:
- Scanga CA et al. Reactivation of latent tuberculosis: variations on the Cornell murine model. Infect Immun 67:4531-8 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10456896) »