Anti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT3] (Biotin) (ab24930)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT3] (Biotin)See all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [MP6-XT3] to TNF alpha (Biotin)
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises TNF alpha.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
E. coli expressed recombinant mouse TNF alpha.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes Ab24930 is a neutralizing antibody.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMP6-XT3
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24930 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Ab24930 is useful as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA for quantifying mouse TNF alpha protein levels.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.
Ab24930 enable detection of 100 ng/lane of recombinant mouse TNF alpha under
reducing conditions at the suggested concentration.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibodyAPC1 protein antibodyCachectin antibody
- DIF antibodyDifferentiation inducing factor antibodyMacrophage cytotoxic factor antibodyMCF antibodyNecrosin antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF alpha antibodyTNF antibodyTNF Macrophage Derived antibodyTNF Monocyte Derived antibodyTNF Superfamily Member 2 antibodyTNF superfamily, member 2 antibodyTNF, macrophage derived antibodyTNF, monocyte derived antibodyTNF-a antibodyTNF-alpha antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA_HUMAN antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha antibodyTumor necrosis factor antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibodyTumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [MP6-XT3] (Biotin) (ab24930)
This product has been referenced in:
- Abrams JS et al. Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples. Immunol Rev 127:5-24 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1387110) »