Anti-TNF alpha antibody [T1] (FITC) (ab65099)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [T1] (FITC)See all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [T1] to TNF alpha (FITC)
- ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with the free soluble form (17 kDa) and the membrane (26 kDa) human TNF alpha. It does not react with receptor bound TNF alpha.
- Tested applicationsNeutralising, Flow Cyt, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- General notesThis product should be filter sterilized and Azide removed by dialysis, before use in Biological assays.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberT1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65099 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/10. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- Tnf antibody
- TNF macrophage derived antibody
- TNF superfamily member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour necrosis factor alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody [T1] (FITC) images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab65099 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab65099, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1µg/1x106 cells ). Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [T1] (FITC) (ab65099)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gerspach J et al. Detection of membrane-bound tumor necrosis factor (TNF): an analysis of TNF-specific reagents. Microsc Res Tech 50:243-50 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10891890) »