Anti-TNF alpha antibody [T3] (ab8163)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [T3]See all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [T3] to TNF alpha
- SpecificityThe antibody reacts with free soluble (17kDa) and membrane (26 kDa) human TNF-alpha. The antibody inhibits the biological activity of both forms.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt, Inhibition Assay more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- General notes
ab8163 can be a useful tool to discriminate between receptor bound soluble (17kDa) and the membrane (26kDa) form of TNF-alpha. For this purpose we recommend to use this antibody in combination with the anti-TNF-alpha antibody ab8162, which recognizes only soluble and membrane TNF-alpha,but not the receptor bound TNF-alpha.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.2% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes ab8163 can be a useful tool to discriminate between receptor bound soluble (17kDa) and the membrane (26kDa) form of TNF-alpha. For this purpose we recommend to use this antibody in combination with the anti-TNF-alpha antibody ab8162, which recognizes only soluble and membrane TNF-alpha,but not the receptor bound TNF-alpha.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberT3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8163 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Inhibition Assay||Inhib: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- TNF antibody
- TNF Macrophage Derived antibody
- TNF Monocyte Derived antibody
- TNF Superfamily Member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [T3] (ab8163)
ab8163 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.