Anti-TNF alpha antibody [TN3-19.12] (ab10863)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody [TN3-19.12]See all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionArmenian Hamster monoclonal [TN3-19.12] to TNF alpha
- SpecificityCross-reacts with mouse TNF beta.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, Neutralising more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Fusion protein (Mouse).
- General notesFor continuous use, store sterile at 2-8 °C for up to one month. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilution samples should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTN3-19.12
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10863 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.25 - 0.5 µg/ml (recommended using recombinant mouse TNF alpha and Anti-Hamster Ig, Peroxidase conjugate).Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa in its monomer form and 51 kDa in its homotrimer form
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- TNF antibody
- TNF Macrophage Derived antibody
- TNF Monocyte Derived antibody
- TNF Superfamily Member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody [TN3-19.12] (ab10863)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chang JS et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress response promotes cytotoxic phenotype of CD8aß+ intraepithelial lymphocytes in a mouse model for Crohn's disease-like ileitis. J Immunol 189:1510-20 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22753943) »
- Tripathy D & Grammas P Acetaminophen protects brain endothelial cells against oxidative stress. Microvasc Res 77:289-96 (2009). ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 19265712) »