Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab34674)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibodySee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- SpecificityThe antibody is directed against mature mouse TNF alpha and is useful in determining its presence in various assays. The antibody will recognize the cell bound precursor of TNF alpha as a 26 kDa protein in immunoblots, particularly in denatured samples. The antibody does not recognize mouse TNF beta (lymphotoxin).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ELISA, RIA, Neutralising more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant TNF alpha from mouse, produced in E.coli.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesThis antibody is sterile filtered, and has been heated to 56°C for 30 minutes.
Endotoxin Content: <10 pg/µl by LAL method.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34674 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: 1/400 - 1/800.|
|WB||WB: 1/400 - 1/800. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).Can be blocked with Rabbit polyclonal to FILIP1L (ab151331). Detects TNF alpha from supernatants or lysates of 2 x 106 endotoxin stimulated mouse peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/1000 - 1/2000. For use in ELISA formats, this antibody is best used as the second antibody in combination with a monoclonal antibody as a capture antibody.|
|Neutralising||Neut: 1/200. It is recommended to incubate the sample with the dilution of the antibody for at least 4 hours before being tested. A control of similarly diluted normal rabbit IgG is recommended.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- TNF antibody
- TNF Macrophage Derived antibody
- TNF Monocyte Derived antibody
- TNF Superfamily Member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody images
ab34674 staining TNF alpha in mouse knee joint sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed. Samples were then blocked with 10 minutes at room temperature followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/200 dilution for 30 minutes. An undiluted HRP-conjugated human anti-rabbit monoclonal was used as secondary antibody.
ab34674 staining TNF alpha in immortalised bone marrow-derived macrophages by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA + 5% goat serum in PBS for 1 hour at 21°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 in the blocking buffer and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 21°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor® 568-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal, diluted 1/500.
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab34674)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang Y et al. Breakdown of immune homeostasis in the testis of mice lacking Tyro3, Axl and Mer receptor tyrosine kinases. Immunol Cell Biol 91:416-26 (2013). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23689306) »
- Kisiswa L et al. TNFa reverse signaling promotes sympathetic axon growth and target innervation. Nat Neurosci 16:865-73 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23749144) »