Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab66579)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibodySee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cat, Chimpanzee, Baboon
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human TNF alpha.
(Peptide available as ab66578.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: HeLa Whole Cell NIH 3T3 Whole Cell Mouse Liver Tissue HepG2 Whole Cell Rat Liver Tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66579 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).Can be blocked with TNF alpha peptide (ab66578).|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibodyAPC1 protein antibodyCachectin antibody
- DIF antibodyDifferentiation inducing factor antibodyMacrophage cytotoxic factor antibodyMCF antibodyNecrosin antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF alpha antibodyTNF antibodyTNF macrophage derived antibodyTNF monocyte derived antibodyTNF superfamily member 2 antibodyTNF superfamily, member 2 antibodyTNF, macrophage derived antibodyTNF, monocyte derived antibodyTNF-a antibodyTNF-alpha antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA_HUMAN antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha antibodyTumor necrosis factor antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibodyTumour necrosis factor alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab66579) at 1 µg
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7179)
Lane 3 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate - normal tissue
Lane 4 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 48 kDa,68 kDa,75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab66579 staining TNF alpha in Human tonsil tissue sections by IHC-P (Formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 5 minutes of peroxidase block followed by 10 minutes of protein block at 20°C; antigen retrieval was heat mediated in retrieval solution. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/2000 in antibody diluent) for 45 minutes at 20°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated polymer goat anti-mouse/rabbit IgG polyclonal polymer was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab66579)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang X et al. Activation of the Nuclear Factor E2-Related Factor 2/Antioxidant Response Element Pathway is Neuroprotective Following Spinal Cord Injury. J Neurotrauma : (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21806470) »