Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab6671)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibodySee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- SpecificityNo reactivity is detected against human TNF-b (lymphotoxin). This antibody will recognize the cell-bound precursor of TNFa as a 26,000 protein in immunoblots, particularly in denatured samples. This antibody is also useful for neutralization of human and primate TNFa activity in bioassays. It does not neutralize the biological activity of lymphotoxin.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Neutralising, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Dog, Human, Pig, Fish, Cynomolgus Monkey
Predicted to work with: Monkey, Non Human Primates
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive control
- General notesEndotoxin content by LAL is <10 pg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6671 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/100 - 1/200.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/200. Can be blocked with Human TNF alpha full length protein (ab140754). Suitable for use as a positive control for Western blot against recombinant TNFalpha produced in E.Coli.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19458984|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- TNF antibody
- TNF Macrophage Derived antibody
- TNF Monocyte Derived antibody
- TNF Superfamily Member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody images
ab6671 staining TNF alpha in Cynomolgus Monkey dendritic cells/macrophages from inlamed skin tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 20 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer, pH6.0. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 30 minutes at room temperature. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/2000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab6671 staining human artery tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were fixed in formaldehyde and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer (pH 6.0) prior to blocking with 1.5% serum for 10 minutes. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 24 hours at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab6671 staining TNF alpha from human colon by immunohistochemistry (formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Cells were formaldehyde fixed prior to blocking in 10% serum for 2 hours at 21°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 2 hours at 21°C. Alexa fluor® 680 goat polyclonal, diluted 1/5000, was used as the secondary.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded fish tissue, staining TNF alpha with ab6671.
Tissue was fixed with Bouin's fixative; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer (pH 6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/600 in diluent) for 2 hours. An HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab6671)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hullugundi SK et al. The mechanism of functional up-regulation of P2X3 receptors of trigeminal sensory neurons in a genetic mouse model of familial hemiplegic migraine type 1 (FHM-1). PLoS One 8:e60677 (2013). Neutralising ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23577145) »
- Puig KL et al. Amyloid precursor protein and proinflammatory changes are regulated in brain and adipose tissue in a murine model of high fat diet-induced obesity. PLoS One 7:e30378 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22276186) »