Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab71281)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71281 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
- DIF antibody
- Differentiation inducing factor antibody
- Macrophage cytotoxic factor antibody
- MCF antibody
- Necrosin antibody
- TNF a antibody
- TNF alpha antibody
- Tnf antibody
- TNF macrophage derived antibody
- TNF monocyte derived antibody
- TNF superfamily member 2 antibody
- TNF superfamily, member 2 antibody
- TNF, macrophage derived antibody
- TNF, monocyte derived antibody
- TNF-a antibody
- TNF-alpha antibody
- TNFA antibody
- TNFA_HUMAN antibody
- TNFSF2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor precursor antibody
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Membrane Form antibody
- Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibody
- Tumour necrosis factor alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab71281) at 4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Recombinant human TNF alpha at 0.01 µg
Lane 2 : Recombinant human TNF alpha at 0.05 µg
Lane 3 : Recombinant human TNF alpha at 0.25 µg
Lane 4 : Recombinant human TNF alpha at 1 µg
Predicted band size : 26 kDa
Observed band size : 16 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab71281)
ab71281 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.