Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab7742)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibodySee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- SpecificityThe antibody reacts with human natural and recombinant TNF-a as assessed by ELISA. The antibody inhibits the biological activity of human natural and recombinant TNF-a as determined with L929 and WEHI cells in a cytotoxicity assay.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Inhibition Assay, Neutralising, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Cynomolgus Monkey, Rhesus monkey
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.2% BSA, 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibodyAPC1 protein antibodyCachectin antibody
- DIF antibodyDifferentiation inducing factor antibodyMacrophage cytotoxic factor antibodyMCF antibodyNecrosin antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF alpha antibodyTNF antibodyTNF antibodyTNF Macrophage Derived antibodyTNF Monocyte Derived antibodyTNF Superfamily Member 2 antibodyTNF superfamily, member 2 antibodyTNF, macrophage derived antibodyTNF, monocyte derived antibodyTNF-a antibodyTNF-alpha antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA_HUMAN antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha antibodyTumor necrosis factor antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibodyTumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab7742)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shankar K et al. Chronic ethanol consumption inhibits postlactational anabolic bone rebuilding in female rats. J Bone Miner Res 23:338-49 (2008). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 17967133) »