Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab9635)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibodySee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, Neutralising, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hTNF-alpha (human Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha); catalogue number ab9642.
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.4, no preservative, sterile filtered
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9635 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. To detect TNF-alpha by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant TNF-alpha is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal to TNF alpha (ab9348). To detect TNF-alpha by direct ELISA (using 100µl/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5µg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant TNF-alpha.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hTNF-alpha (0.5 ng/ml), a concentration of 0.08 - 0.10 µg/ml of this antibody is required.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [2C8] to TNF alpha (ab8348). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with Ab8348 as Capture.|
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibodyAPC1 protein antibodyCachectin antibody
- DIF antibodyDifferentiation inducing factor antibodyMacrophage cytotoxic factor antibodyMCF antibodyNecrosin antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF alpha antibodyTNF antibodyTNF antibodyTNF Macrophage Derived antibodyTNF Monocyte Derived antibodyTNF Superfamily Member 2 antibodyTNF superfamily, member 2 antibodyTNF, macrophage derived antibodyTNF, monocyte derived antibodyTNF-a antibodyTNF-alpha antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA_HUMAN antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha antibodyTumor necrosis factor antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibodyTumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody images
Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab9635) at 0.2 µg/ml +
TNF alpha protein (His tag) (ab55237) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 10 seconds
Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab9635) at 0.2 µg/ml + SW480 (Human colon adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Observed band size : 26 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.