Anti-TPMT antibody (ab58343)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58343 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCatalyzes the S-methylation of thiopurine drugs such as 6-mercaptopurine.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TPMT are the cause of thiopurine S-methyltransferase deficiency (TPMT deficiency) [MIM:610460]. TPMT is an enzyme involved in the normal metabolic inactivation of thiopurine drugs. These drugs are generally used as immunosupressants or cytotoxic drugs and are prescribed for a variety of clinical conditions including leukemia, autoimmune disease and organ transplantation. Patients with intermediate or no TPMT activity are at risk of toxicity after receiving standard doses of thiopurine drugs and it is shown that inter-individual differences in response to these drugs are largely determined by genetic variation at the TPMT locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the methyltransferase superfamily. TPMT family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- HGNC:12014 antibody
- S adenosyl L methionine thiopurine S methyltransferase antibody
- Thiopurine methyltransferase antibody
- Thiopurine S methyltransferase antibody
- Thiopurine S-methyltransferase antibody
- TPMT antibody
- TPMT_HUMAN antibody
Anti-TPMT antibody images
Western blot against tagged recombinant protein immunogen using ab58343 TPMT antibody at 1ug/ml. Predicted band size of immunogen is 53 kDa
References for Anti-TPMT antibody (ab58343)
ab58343 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.