Anti-TRBP antibody (ab72547)
- Product nameAnti-TRBP antibodySee all TRBP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRBP
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Horse, Human, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 340-390 of human TRBP (NP_599150.1)
- Positive controlHuman brain lysate and human brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72547 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 5 - 8 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionRequired for formation of the RNA induced silencing complex (RISC). Component of the RISC loading complex (RLC), also known as the micro-RNA (miRNA) loading complex (miRLC), which is composed of DICER1, EIF2C2/AGO2 and TARBP2. Within the RLC/miRLC, DICER1 and TARBP2 are required to process precursor miRNAs (pre-miRNAs) to mature miRNAs and then load them onto EIF2C2/AGO2. EIF2C2/AGO2 bound to the mature miRNA constitutes the minimal RISC and may subsequently dissociate from DICER1 and TARBP2. May also play a role in the production of short interfering RNAs (siRNAs) from double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) by DICER1. Binds to the HIV-1 TAR RNA which is located in the long terminal repeat (LTR) of HIV-1, and stimulates translation of TAR-containing RNAs. This is achieved in part at least by binding to and inhibiting EIF2AK2/PKR, thereby reducing phosphorylation and inhibition of EIF2S1/eIF-2-alpha. May also promote translation of TAR-containing RNAs independently of EIF2AK2/PKR.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 DRBM (double-stranded RNA-binding) domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Nucleus.
- LOQS antibodyPrbp antibodyRISC loading complex subunit TARBP2 antibody
- RISC-loading complex subunit tarbp2 antibodyTAR (HIV 1) RNA binding protein 2 antibodyTAR (HIV) RNA binding protein 2 antibodyTAR (HIV) RNA-binding protein TRBP1 antibodyTAR RNA Binding Protein 2 antibodyTAR RNA-binding protein 2 antibodyTARBP2 antibodyTrans Activation Responsive RNA Binding Protein antibodyTrans-activation-responsive RNA-binding protein antibodyTRBP antibodyTRBP1 antibodyTRBP2 antibodyTRBP2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-TRBP antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TRBP antibody (ab72547) at 6 µg/ml
Lane 1 : human brain lysate
Lane 2 : human brain lysate with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab72547 at 5µg/ml staining TRBP in normal human brain by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue.
Staining of normal human brain by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue using a control rabbit Ig antibody at 5µg/ml.
Immunofluorescence analysis of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma B cells, staining TRBP with ab72547.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in diluent) for 24 hours at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/400) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TRBP antibody (ab72547)
ab72547 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.