Anti-TRPM8 antibody (ab71245)
- Product nameAnti-TRPM8 antibodySee all TRPM8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TRPM8
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A KLH conjugated synthetic peptide at the center(R536) of human TRPM8.
- Positive controlTransfected/ non-transfected 293 cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesThis antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71245 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50 - 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 57, 128 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 128 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/10 - 1/50.|
- FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective cation channel involved in detection of sensations such as coolness, by being activated by cold temperature below 25 degrees Celsius. Activated by icilin, eucalyptol, menthol, cold and modulation of intracellular pH. Involved in menthol sensation. Permeable for monovalent cations sodium, potassium, and cesium and divalent cation calcium. Temperature sensing is tightly linked to voltage-dependent gating. Activated upon depolarization, changes in temperature resulting in graded shifts of its voltage-dependent activation curves. The chemical agonists menthol functions as a gating modifier, shifting activation curves towards physiological membrane potentials. Temperature sensitivity arises from a tenfold difference in the activation energies associated with voltage-dependent opening and closing.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in prostate. Also expressed in most in prostate tumors. Also expressed in non-prostatic primary tumors such as colon, lung, breast and skin tumors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. LTrpC subfamily. TRPM8 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Long transient receptor potential channel 6 antibodyLTrpC-6 antibodyLTrpC6 antibody
- MGC2849 antibodyShort form of the TRPM8 cationic channel antibodyTransient receptor potential cation channel subfamily M member 8 antibodyTransient receptor potential p8 antibodytransient receptor potential-p8 antibodyTrp p8 antibodyTrp-p8 antibodyTrpm8 antibodyTRPM8_HUMAN antibodyTRPP8 antibody
Anti-TRPM8 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TRPM8 antibody (ab71245) at 1/50 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transfected 293 cell lysates
Lane 2 : TRPM8 transfected 293 cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 128 kDa
Observed band size : 128 kDa
Additional bands at : 57 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab71245 at 1/50 dilution staining TRPM8 in human prostate carcinoma tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). A peroxidase conjugated secondary antibody was used followed by DAB staining.
References for Anti-TRPM8 antibody (ab71245)
ab71245 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.