Anti-TSH alpha antibody [ME.132 ] (ab9510)
- Product nameAnti-TSH alpha antibody [ME.132 ]See all TSH alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ME.132 ] to TSH alpha
- SpecificityThis antibody shows cross reactivity with: hCG-beta = <1% hCG-alpha = <1% hLH = <1% hFSH = <1% hTSH = <100% Affinity = 4 x 1010
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
hTSH-alpha, MW 13.5 kDa
- General notesP.I. 6.0-7.0
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.15M PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurified from ascites.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberME.132
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9510 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevanceThyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), also known as thyrotropin, is secreted from cells in the anterior pituitary called thyrotrophs, finds its receptors on epithelial cells in the thyroid gland, and stimulates that gland to synthesize and release thyroid hormones. TSH is a glycoprotein hormone composed of two subunits which are non covalently bound to one another. The alpha subunit of TSH is also present in two other pituitary glycoprotein hormones, follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, and, in primates, in the placental hormone chorionic gonadotropin. Each of these hormones also has a unique beta subunit, which provides receptor specificity. In other words, TSH is composed of alpha subunit bound to the TSH beta subunit, and TSH associates only with its own receptor. Free alpha and beta subunits have essentially no biological activity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- aGSU antibodyalpha GSU antibodyAlphaSU antibody
- Chorionic gonadotropin alpha polypeptide antibodyGlycoprotein hormones alpha chain precursor antibodyGlycoprotein hormones alpha polypeptide antibodyGlycoprotein hormones alpha polypeptide antibodyGPHalpha antibodyThyroid Stimulating Hormone antibodyThyroid Stimulating Hormone antibodyThyroid Stimulation Hormone antibodyThyroid Stimulation Hormone antibodyThyrotropin alpha subunit antibody
References for Anti-TSH alpha antibody [ME.132 ] (ab9510)
ab9510 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.