Anti-TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 antibody (ab110386)
- Product nameAnti-TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 antibodySee all TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4
- Specificityab110386 detects endogenous levels of total TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
A synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from Human TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 272 (A-T-YP-A-P).
- Positive control
- Rat brain cells lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha-chain.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at a high level in fetal brain.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TUBA1A are the cause of lissencephaly type 3 (LIS3) [MIM:611603]. LIS is characterized by a smooth brain surface due to the absence (agyria) or reduction (pachygyria) of surface convolutions. It is often associated with psychomotor retardation and seizures. LIS3 features include agyria or pachygyria or laminar heterotopia, severe mental retardation, motor delay, variable presence of seizures, and abnormalities of corpus callosum, hippocampus, cerebellar vermis and brainstem.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsUndergoes a tyrosination/detyrosination cycle, the cyclic removal and re-addition of a C-terminal tyrosine residue by the enzymes tubulin tyrosine carboxypeptidase (TTCP) and tubulin tyrosine ligase (TTL), respectively.
Some glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha-tubulins at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 10376 Human
- Entrez Gene: 112714 Human
- Entrez Gene: 113457 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 80086 Human
- Entrez Gene: 84790 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 22144 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 22145 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 316531 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 64158 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- Omim: 602528 Human
- Omim: 602529 Human
- Omim: 602530 Human
- SwissProt: P68363 Human
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: Q6PEY2 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: Q9BQE3 Human
- SwissProt: P05214 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68368 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68373 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68370 Rat
- SwissProt: Q5XIF6 Rat
- SwissProt: Q68FR8 Rat
- SwissProt: Q6AYZ1 Rat
- SwissProt: Q6P9V9 Rat
- Unigene: 654422 Human
- Alpha-tubulin 3 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- TBA1A_HUMAN antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- TUBA3C antibody
- TUBA3D antibody
- TUBA3E antibody
- Tubulin alpha 3E chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1A chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-3 chain antibody
- Tubulin B-alpha-1 antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1b antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1c antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 3c antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 3e antibody
Anti-TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 antibody (ab110386) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat brain lysate
Lane 2 : Rat brain lysate with blocking peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
References for Anti-TUBA1 + TUBA3 + TUBA4 antibody (ab110386)
ab110386 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.