Anti-TUBA6 antibody (ab57905)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab57905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha-chain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsUndergoes a tyrosination/detyrosination cycle, the cyclic removal and re-addition of a C-terminal tyrosine residue by the enzymes tubulin tyrosine carboxypeptidase (TTCP) and tubulin tyrosine ligase (TTL), respectively.
Some glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha-tubulins at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Alpha tubulin 6 antibody
- Alpha tubulin isotype M alpha 6 antibody
- Alpha-tubulin 6 antibody
- bcm948 antibody
- M[a]6 antibody
- TBA1C_HUMAN antibody
- Tuba1c antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1C chain antibody
- tubulin alpha 6 antibody
- Tubulin alpha 6 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1C chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-6 chain antibody
- tubulin, alpha 1c antibody
Anti-TUBA6 antibody images
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
TUBA6 antibody (ab57905) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
References for Anti-TUBA6 antibody (ab57905)
ab57905 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.