Anti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8] (ab19030)
- Product nameAnti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8]See all Tau 13 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B11E8] to Tau 13
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminus of human Tau.
- General notes
The antibody recognizes 45-60 kDa isoform of human Tau-13.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS, Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes The antibody recognizes 45-60 kDa isoform of human Tau-13.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB11E8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
- RelevanceTau is a neuronal microtubule-associated protein found predominantly on axons. The function of tau is to promote tubulin polymerisation and stabilise microtubules, but it also serves to link certain signalling pathways to the cytoskeleton. Tau, in its hyperphosphorylated form, is the major component of paired helical filaments (PHF)and neurofibrillary lesions in Alzheimer's disease (AD) brain. Hyperphosphorylation impairs the microtubule binding function of tau, resulting in the destabilisation of microtubules in AD brains, ultimately leading to the degeneration of the affected neurons. Hyperphosphorylated tau is also found in a range of other central nervous system disorders. Numerous serine/threonine kinases, including GSK 3 beta, PKA, Cdk 5, and casein kinase II can phosphorylate tau.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Plasma membrane
- DDPAC antibody
- FLJ31424 antibody
- FTDP 17 antibody
- FTDP17 antibody
- G protein beta1/gamma2 subunit interacting factor 1 antibody
- MAPT antibody
- MGC138549 antibody
- Microtubule associated protein tau antibody
- MSTD antibody
- MTBT 1 antibody
- MTBT 2 antibody
- MTBT1 antibody
- MTBT2 antibody
- Neurofibrillary tangle protein antibody
- Paired helical filament tau antibody
- PHF tau antibody
- PPND antibody
- TAU antibody
References for Anti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8] (ab19030)
ab19030 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.