Anti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8] (ab19030)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS, Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes The antibody recognizes 45-60 kDa isoform of human Tau-13.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB11E8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
- RelevanceTau is a neuronal microtubule-associated protein found predominantly on axons. The function of tau is to promote tubulin polymerisation and stabilise microtubules, but it also serves to link certain signalling pathways to the cytoskeleton. Tau, in its hyperphosphorylated form, is the major component of paired helical filaments (PHF)and neurofibrillary lesions in Alzheimer's disease (AD) brain. Hyperphosphorylation impairs the microtubule binding function of tau, resulting in the destabilisation of microtubules in AD brains, ultimately leading to the degeneration of the affected neurons. Hyperphosphorylated tau is also found in a range of other central nervous system disorders. Numerous serine/threonine kinases, including GSK 3 beta, PKA, Cdk 5, and casein kinase II can phosphorylate tau.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Plasma membrane
- DDPAC antibodyFLJ31424 antibodyFTDP 17 antibody
- FTDP17 antibodyG protein beta1/gamma2 subunit interacting factor 1 antibodyMAPT antibodyMGC138549 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein tau antibodyMSTD antibodyMTBT 1 antibodyMTBT 2 antibodyMTBT1 antibodyMTBT2 antibodyNeurofibrillary tangle protein antibodyPaired helical filament tau antibodyPHF tau antibodyPPND antibodyTAU antibody
References for Anti-Tau 13 antibody [B11E8] (ab19030)
ab19030 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.