Anti-Tau 13 antibody [TAU-13] (ab24634)
- Product nameAnti-Tau 13 antibody [TAU-13]See all Tau 13 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TAU-13] to Tau 13
- Specificityab24634 reacts with tau protein - isoform Tau13.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat, Cow
Polymeric form of the longest human tau isoform.
- EpitopePreliminary assignment of its epitope indicates that it maps to amino acid residues 2-18 on the longest isoform of human tau.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- Primary antibody notes ab24634 binds to human tau and is able to stain brain tissue early in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTAU-13
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24634 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22558197|
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 45-60 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22174735|
- RelevanceTau is a neuronal microtubule-associated protein found predominantly on axons. The function of tau is to promote tubulin polymerisation and stabilise microtubules, but it also serves to link certain signalling pathways to the cytoskeleton. Tau, in its hyperphosphorylated form, is the major component of paired helical filaments (PHF)and neurofibrillary lesions in Alzheimer's disease (AD) brain. Hyperphosphorylation impairs the microtubule binding function of tau, resulting in the destabilisation of microtubules in AD brains, ultimately leading to the degeneration of the affected neurons. Hyperphosphorylated tau is also found in a range of other central nervous system disorders. Numerous serine/threonine kinases, including GSK 3 beta, PKA, Cdk 5, and casein kinase II can phosphorylate tau.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Plasma membrane
- DDPAC antibodyFLJ31424 antibodyFTDP 17 antibody
- FTDP17 antibodyG protein beta1/gamma2 subunit interacting factor 1 antibodyMAPT antibodyMGC138549 antibodyMicrotubule associated protein tau antibodyMSTD antibodyMTBT 1 antibodyMTBT 2 antibodyMTBT1 antibodyMTBT2 antibodyNeurofibrillary tangle protein antibodyPaired helical filament tau antibodyPHF tau antibodyPPND antibodyTAU antibody
References for Anti-Tau 13 antibody [TAU-13] (ab24634)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ke Y et al. Tau-Mediated Nuclear Depletion and Cytoplasmic Accumulation of SFPQ in Alzheimer's and Pick's Disease. PLoS One 7:e35678 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22558197) »
- Bi M et al. Tau-Targeted Immunization Impedes Progression of Neurofibrillary Histopathology in Aged P301L Tau Transgenic Mice. PLoS One 6:e26860 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22174735) »