Anti-Tau421 antibody [tau-C3] (ab78037)
- Product nameAnti-Tau421 antibody [tau-C3]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [tau-C3] to Tau421
- Specificityab78037 reacts with Tau, caspase cleaved (truncated at Asp421). The antibody shows no reactivity with full length Tau nor other Tau C terminal truncations. The antibody stains amyloid beta treated neurons and brain tissue in Alzheimer's disease, more specifically it stains a subset of neurofibrillary tangles, Tau containing neuritic plaques and neuropil threads.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C terminal region of Human Tau421 truncated at aspartic acid 421.
- EpitopeCaspase Cleaved (truncated at Asp421)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbertau-C3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78037 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 79 kDa.|
- RelevanceTau421 promotes microtubule assembly and stability, and might be involved in the establishment and maintenance of neuronal polarity. The C terminus binds axonal microtubules while the N terminus binds neural plasma membrane components, suggesting that tau functions as a linker protein between both. Axonal polarity is predetermined by tau localization (in the neuronal cell) in the domain of the cell body defined by the centrosome. The short isoforms allow plasticity of the cytoskeleton whereas the longer isoforms may preferentially play a role in its stabilization. There are nine named isoforms.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytosol, cytoskeleton. Cell membrane; Peripheral membrane protein; Cytoplasmic side. Cell projection, axon. Mostly found in the axons of neurons, in the cytosol and in association with plasma membrane components.
- DDPAC antibodyFTDP 17 antibodyFTDP17 antibody
- G protein beta1/gamma2 subunit interacting factor 1 antibodyMAPTL antibodyMicrotubule associated protein tau, isoform 4 antibodyMSTD antibodyMTBT1 antibodyMTBT2 antibodyNeurofibrillary tangle protein antibodyPaired helical filament tau antibodyPHF tau antibody
Anti-Tau421 antibody [tau-C3] images
IHC-P using ab78037 on Human brain (hippocampus). Please see the Abreview for more details
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab78037 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab78037, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Tau421 antibody [tau-C3] (ab78037)
ab78037 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.