Tetrodotoxin citrate (ab120055)
- Product nameTetrodotoxin citrate
- DescriptionNa+ channel blocker; water-soluble
- TTX citrate
- Biological descriptionWater soluble citrate salt of tetrodotoxin. Potent, selective and reversible, use-dependent inhibitor of voltage-dependent Na+ channels.
- Purity> 98%
- General notes
Country restrictions and/or license requirements may apply. Please contact customer services for further details.
- Chemical nameOctahydro-12-(hydroxymethyl)-2-imino-5,9:7,10a-dimethano-10aH-[1,3]dioxocino[6,5-d] pyrimidine-4,7,10,11,12-pentol + citrate buffer
- Molecular Weight319.27
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC11H17N3O8
- CAS Number18660-81-6
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Tetrodotoxin citrate (ab120055)
This product has been referenced in:
- Narahashi T et al. Recent advances in the study of mechanism of action of marine neurotoxins. Neurotoxicology 15:545-54 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 7854588) »
- Catterall WA Neurotoxins that act on voltage-sensitive sodium channels in excitable membranes. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 20:15-43 (1980). Read more (PubMed: 6247957) »
- Kao CY Pharmacology of tetrodotoxin and saxitoxin. Fed Proc 31:1117-23 (0). Read more (PubMed: 5032475) »