Thrombomodulin Human ELISA Kit (ab46508)
- Product nameThrombomodulin Human ELISA KitSee all Thrombomodulin kits ...
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 11.54ng/ml 0.28 2.4% B 8 5.57ng/ml 0.196 3.5% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 11.99ng/ml 0.66 5.5% B 8 5.66ng/ml 0.44 7.7%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity< 0.38 ng/ml
- Range0.625 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Assay time1h 45m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The Human Thrombomodulin ELISA is to be used for the in-vitro quantitative determination of Thrombomodulin protein in human serum, plasma, buffered solutions or cell culture medium. The assay will recognize both natural and recombinant human Thrombomodulin. This kit has been configured for research use only and is not to be used in diagnostic procedures.
The Thrombomodulin Kit is a solid phase sandwich Enzyme Linked-Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA). A monoclonal antibody specific for Thrombomodulin has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known Thrombomodulin concentrations, and unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the Thrombomodulin antigen and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for Thrombomodulin are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme ( streptavidin-peroxydase ) is added. After incubation and washing to remove all the unbound enzyme, a substrate solution which is acting on the bound enzyme is added to induce a coloured reaction product. The intensity of this coloured product is directly proportional to the concentration of Thrombomodulin present in the samples.
Recognizes both natural and recombinant human Thrombomodulin
- For research use only.
- The human blood components included in this kit have been tested and found non reactive for HBsAg and anti-HIV. Nevertheless, no known method can offer complete assurance that human blood derivatives will not transmit hepatitis, AIDS or other infections. Therefore, handling of reagents, serum or plasma specimens should be in accordance with local safety procedures , e.g. CDC/NIH Health manual : " Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories" 1984.
- Avoid any skin contact with H2SO4 and TMB. In case of contact, wash thoroughly with water.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or apply cosmetics where kit reagents are used.
- Do not pipette by mouth.
- The stop solution in this kit contains 9.8% sulphuric acid.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 12 strips 8 units Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7ml Biotinylated anti-Thrombomodulin (CD141) Red 1 x 0.4ml Chromogen TMB 1 x 11ml Control Silver 2 vials H2SO4: Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml Standard Yellow 2 vials Standard Diluent: Buffer.x10 Concentrated Black 1 x 25ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl Washing Buffer.x200 Concentrated White 1 x 10ml
- Research Areas
Defects in THBD are a cause of susceptibility to hemolytic uremic syndrome atypical type 6 (AHUS6) [MIM:612926]. An atypical form of hemolytic uremic syndrome. It is a complex genetic disease characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, renal failure and absence of episodes of enterocolitis and diarrhea. In contrast to typical hemolytic uremic syndrome, atypical forms have a poorer prognosis, with higher death rates and frequent progression to end-stage renal disease. Note=Susceptibility to the development of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome can be conferred by mutations in various components of or regulatory factors in the complement cascade system. Other genes may play a role in modifying the phenotype.
Contains 6 EGF-like domains.
The iron and 2-oxoglutarate dependent 3-hydroxylation of aspartate and asparagine is (R) stereospecific within EGF domains.
- CD141CD141 antigen Fetomodulin
- ThbdTHRM ThrombomodulinTMTRBM_HUMAN
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Thrombomodulin Human ELISA Kit images
Typical Thrombomodulin standard curve ranging from 0.62 to 20 ng/mL.
References for Thrombomodulin Human ELISA Kit (ab46508)
This product has been referenced in:
- Poursafa P et al. The relationship of air pollution and surrogate markers of endothelial dysfunction in a population-based sample of children. BMC Public Health 11:115 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21332998) »
- Zhang G et al. Constitutional flavonoids derived from Epimedium dose-dependently reduce incidence of steroid-associated osteonecrosis not via direct action by themselves on potential cellular targets. PLoS One 4:e6419 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19641620) »