Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha antibody (ab53729)
- Product nameAnti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha
- Specificityab53729 detects endogenous levels of total Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha 1 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from human Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha.
- Positive controlHuman colon carcinoma tissue; SKOV3 cell extracts.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab53729 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53729 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
- EAR 7 antibodyEAR7 antibodyERBA alpha antibody
- ERBA Related 7 antibodyTHRA 1 antibody
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha antibody images
ab53729 at 1/50 dilution staining Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha in human colon carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha antibody (ab53729) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : SKOV3 cell extract
Lane 2 : SKOV3 cell extract with immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab53729 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53729, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha antibody (ab53729)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lin JZ et al. Gene specific actions of thyroid hormone receptor subtypes. PLoS One 8:e52407 (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23300972) »
- Tadmouri A et al. Cacnb4 directly couples electrical activity to gene expression, a process defective in juvenile epilepsy. EMBO J 31:3730-44 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22892567) »