Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor antibody (ab63962)
- Product nameAnti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor antibodySee all Thyroid Hormone Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Thyroid Hormone Receptor
- Specificityab63962 is expected to recognize both reported isoforms of Thyroid Hormone Receptor alpha (THRA) (NP_955366.1; NP_003241.2). This antibody is not expected to cross-react to Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (THRB).
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cow, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: C-KEEMIRSLQQRP, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 147-158 of Human Thyroid Hormone Receptor
- Positive controlHuman Bone Marrow lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab63962 is purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63962 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 - 1.5 µg/ml. Detects bands of approximately 60 and 50 kDa (predicted molecular weights: 54 and 47 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceThyroid hormone receptors (TRs) are ligand dependent members of the steroid/retinoic acid superfamily of transcription factors. The two genes encoding TRs identified to date, TR alpha and TR beta, have been mapped to human chromosomes 17 and 3, respectively. TRs bind to thyroid hormone response elements (TREs) with half site binding motifs in the orientation of palindromes, direct repeats, or inverted palindromes. The affinities of binding are both variable and influenced differentially by 3,5,3 triiodo L thyronine (T3). Thyroid hormones, through their interaction with the TR affect metabolic processes, growth and development.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- Entrez Gene: 281531 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7067 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7068 Human
- Entrez Gene: 21833 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 21834 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24831 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 81812 Rat
- Omim: 190120 Human
- Omim: 190160 Human
- SwissProt: P10827 Human
- SwissProt: P10828 Human
- SwissProt: P63058 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q542U8 Mouse
- SwissProt: O97716 Pig
- SwissProt: P63059 Rat
- SwissProt: P63059 Rat
- Unigene: 724 Human
- Unigene: 187861 Human
- 6430529J03Rik antibodyAR 7 antibodyAR7 antibody
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 antibodyAvian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog antibodyAW259572 antibodyC erbA alpha antibodyC erbA1 antibodyEAR 7 antibodyEAR7 antibodyERB T 1 antibodyERBA 1 antibodyERBA 2 antibodyERBA ALPHA antibodyERBA antibodyERBA beta antibodyERBA related 7 antibodyERBA1 antibodyERBA2 antibodyErythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 avian antibodyErythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog avian antibodyGeneralized resistance to thyroid hormone antibodyGRTH antibodyMGC000261 antibodyMGC126109 antibodyMGC126110 antibodyMGC43240 antibodyNR1A1 antibodyNR1A2 antibodyOncogene ERBA2 antibodyRvr antibodyT3R[a] antibodyT3Ralpha antibody
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor antibody images
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor antibody (ab63962) at 0.5 µg/ml + Human Bone Marrow lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 50,60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor antibody (ab63962)
ab63962 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.