Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody (ab106813)
- Product nameAnti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibodySee all Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta
- Specificityab106813 is not expected to cross-react to THRA.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: C-REELQKSIGHKP, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 201-212 of Human Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (NP_000452.2).
- Positive control
- Human Bone Marrow lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab106813 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106813 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: Isoform Beta 1, 53 ; Isoform Beta 2, 54 kDa.|
- FunctionHigh affinity receptor for triiodothyronine.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in THRB are the cause of generalized thyroid hormone resistance (GTHR) [MIM:188570, 274300]. GTHR is transmitted as an autosomal dominant trait, but an autosomal recessive form also exists. The disease is characterized by goiter, abnormal mental functions, increased susceptibility to infections, abnormal growth and bone maturation, tachycardia and deafness. Affected individuals may also have attention deficit-hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and language difficulties. GTHR patients also have high levels of circulating thyroid hormones (T3-T4), with normal or slightly elevated thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH).
Defects in THRB are the cause of selective pituitary thyroid hormone resistance (PRTH) [MIM:145650]; also known as familial hyperthyroidism due to inappropriate thyrotropin secretion. PRTH is a variant form of thyroid hormone resistance and is characterized by clinical hyperthyroidism, with elevated free thyroid hormones, but inappropriately normal serum TSH. Unlike GRTH, where the syndrome usually segregates with a dominant allele, the mode of inheritance in PRTH has not been established.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 396431 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 403599 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 7068 Human
- Entrez Gene: 21834 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100303763 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24831 Rat
- Omim: 190160 Human
- SwissProt: P10828 Human
- SwissProt: P37242 Mouse
- SwissProt: P18113 Rat
- Unigene: 187861 Human
- Unigene: 728126 Human
- Unigene: 32563 Mouse
- Unigene: 88692 Rat
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 antibody
- C ERBA 2 antibody
- C ERBA BETA antibody
- c-erbA-2 antibody
- c-erbA-beta antibody
- ERBA 2 antibody
- ERBA BETA antibody
- ERBA2 antibody
- Erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 avian antibody
- generalized resistance to thyroid hormone antibody
- GRTH antibody
- MGC126109 antibody
- MGC126110 antibody
- NR1A2 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group A member 2 antibody
- Oncogene ERBA2 antibody
- PRTH antibody
- THB_HUMAN antibody
- THR1 antibody
- THRB 1 antibody
- THRB 2 antibody
- thrB antibody
- THRB1 antibody
- THRB2 antibody
- Thyroid hormone nuclear receptor beta variant 1 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta 1 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta 2 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor, beta (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2, avian) antibody
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody images
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody (ab106813) at 0.3 µg/ml + Human Bone Marrow lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : Isoform Beta 1, 53 ; Isoform Beta 2, 54 kDa
References for Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody (ab106813)
ab106813 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.