Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody (ab53170)
- Product nameAnti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibodySee all Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta
- Specificityab53170 detects endogenous levels of total Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta
- Positive control
- LoVo nuclear lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53170 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionHigh affinity receptor for triiodothyronine.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in THRB are the cause of generalized thyroid hormone resistance (GTHR) [MIM:188570, 274300]. GTHR is transmitted as an autosomal dominant trait, but an autosomal recessive form also exists. The disease is characterized by goiter, abnormal mental functions, increased susceptibility to infections, abnormal growth and bone maturation, tachycardia and deafness. Affected individuals may also have attention deficit-hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and language difficulties. GTHR patients also have high levels of circulating thyroid hormones (T3-T4), with normal or slightly elevated thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH).
Defects in THRB are the cause of selective pituitary thyroid hormone resistance (PRTH) [MIM:145650]; also known as familial hyperthyroidism due to inappropriate thyrotropin secretion. PRTH is a variant form of thyroid hormone resistance and is characterized by clinical hyperthyroidism, with elevated free thyroid hormones, but inappropriately normal serum TSH. Unlike GRTH, where the syndrome usually segregates with a dominant allele, the mode of inheritance in PRTH has not been established.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 antibody
- C ERBA 2 antibody
- C ERBA BETA antibody
- c-erbA-2 antibody
- c-erbA-beta antibody
- ERBA 2 antibody
- ERBA BETA antibody
- ERBA2 antibody
- Erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 avian antibody
- generalized resistance to thyroid hormone antibody
- GRTH antibody
- MGC126109 antibody
- MGC126110 antibody
- NR1A2 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group A member 2 antibody
- Oncogene ERBA2 antibody
- PRTH antibody
- THB_HUMAN antibody
- THR 1 antibody
- THR1 antibody
- THRB 1 antibody
- THRB 2 antibody
- THRB antibody
- THRB1 antibody
- THRB2 antibody
- Thyroid hormone nuclear receptor beta variant 1 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta 1 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta 2 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor, beta (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2, avian) antibody
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody (ab53170) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : LoVo cell extracts minus immunising peptide
Lane 2 : LoVo cell extracts plus immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 53 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab53170 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53170, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta antibody (ab53170)
ab53170 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.