Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (phospho S142) antibody (ab78913)
- Product nameAnti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (phospho S142) antibodySee all Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (phospho S142)
- Specificityab78913 detects endogenous levels of Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta only when phosphorylated at serine 142.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta around the phosphorylation site of serine 142 (H-P-SP-Y-S).
- Positive control
- 293 cell extracts, treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab78913 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78913 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
- FunctionHigh affinity receptor for triiodothyronine.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in THRB are the cause of generalized thyroid hormone resistance (GTHR) [MIM:188570, 274300]. GTHR is transmitted as an autosomal dominant trait, but an autosomal recessive form also exists. The disease is characterized by goiter, abnormal mental functions, increased susceptibility to infections, abnormal growth and bone maturation, tachycardia and deafness. Affected individuals may also have attention deficit-hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and language difficulties. GTHR patients also have high levels of circulating thyroid hormones (T3-T4), with normal or slightly elevated thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH).
Defects in THRB are the cause of selective pituitary thyroid hormone resistance (PRTH) [MIM:145650]; also known as familial hyperthyroidism due to inappropriate thyrotropin secretion. PRTH is a variant form of thyroid hormone resistance and is characterized by clinical hyperthyroidism, with elevated free thyroid hormones, but inappropriately normal serum TSH. Unlike GRTH, where the syndrome usually segregates with a dominant allele, the mode of inheritance in PRTH has not been established.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
- DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 antibody
- C ERBA 2 antibody
- C ERBA BETA antibody
- c-erbA-2 antibody
- c-erbA-beta antibody
- ERBA 2 antibody
- ERBA BETA antibody
- ERBA2 antibody
- Erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2 avian antibody
- generalized resistance to thyroid hormone antibody
- GRTH antibody
- MGC126109 antibody
- MGC126110 antibody
- NR1A2 antibody
- Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group A member 2 antibody
- Oncogene ERBA2 antibody
- PRTH antibody
- THB_HUMAN antibody
- THR1 antibody
- THRB 1 antibody
- THRB 2 antibody
- THRB antibody
- THRB1 antibody
- THRB2 antibody
- Thyroid hormone nuclear receptor beta variant 1 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta 1 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta 2 antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor beta antibody
- Thyroid hormone receptor, beta (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb a) oncogene homolog 2, avian) antibody
Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (phospho S142) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (phospho S142) antibody (ab78913) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extracts, treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : 293 cell extracts, treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins) with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 53 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Thyroid Hormone Receptor beta (phospho S142) antibody (ab78913)
ab78913 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.