Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (ab126889)
- Product nameAnti-Thyroid Peroxidase antibodySee all Thyroid Peroxidase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Thyroid Peroxidase
- Specificityab126889 is expected to recognize reported isoforms a (NP_000538.3) and e (NP_783653.1).
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: C-TRHVIQVSNEVVTDD with a Cysteine residue linker, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 209-223 of Human Thyroid Peroxidase (NP_000538.3; NP_783650.1; NP_783652.1; NP_783653.1).
- Positive controlHuman thyroid gland lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126889 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa).|
- FunctionIodination and coupling of the hormonogenic tyrosines in thyroglobulin to yield the thyroid hormones T(3) and T(4).
- PathwayHormone biosynthesis; thyroid hormone biosynthesis.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=An alternative splicing in the thyroperoxidase mRNA can cause Graves' disease.
Defects in TPO are the cause of congenital hypothyroidism due to dyshormonogenesis type 2A (CHDH2A) [MIM:274500]; also called genetic defect in thyroid hormonogenesis 2A or thyroid hormone organification defect II. CHDH2A is due to defective conversion of accumulated iodide to organically bound iodine. The iodide organification defect can be partial or complete.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domain.
Heme is covalently bound through a H(2)O(2)-dependent autocatalytic process. Heme insertion is important for the delivery of protein at the cell surface.
Cleaved in its N-terminal part.
- Cellular localizationMembrane and Cell surface.
- MSA antibodyPERT_HUMAN antibodyTDH2A antibody
- Thyroid microsomal antigen antibodyThyroid peroxidase antibodyThyroperoxidase antibodyTPO antibodyTPX antibody
Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase antibody images
Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (ab126889) at 0.3 µg/ml + Human thyroid gland lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 103 kDa
References for Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase antibody (ab126889)
ab126889 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.