Anti-Transglutaminase 5 antibody (ab26992)
- Product nameAnti-Transglutaminase 5 antibodySee all Transglutaminase 5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Transglutaminase 5
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific to Transglutaminase 5 protein from keratinocyte cells.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
A 15 residue synthetic peptide derived from a domain specific for Transglutaminase 5 protein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26992 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the cross-linking of proteins and the conjugation of polyamines to proteins. Contributes to the formation of the cornified cell envelope of keratinocytes.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in foreskin keratinocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGM5 are a cause of peeling skin syndrome type A (APSS) [MIM:609796]. A non-inflammatory form of peeling skin syndrome, a genodermatosis characterized by the continuous shedding of the outer layers of the epidermis. In APSS patients, skin peeling is strictly limited to the dorsa of the hands and feet, and it is accompanied by accompanied by painless erythema and spontaneous non-scarring healing. Ultrastructural and histological analysis shows a level of blistering high in the epidermis at the stratum granulosum-stratum corneum junction.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transglutaminase superfamily. Transglutaminase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Associated with intermediate filaments.
- Protein glutamine gamma glutamyltransferase 5 antibody
- Protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase 5 antibody
- TG(X) antibody
- TGase 5 antibody
- TGase X antibody
- TGase-5 antibody
- TGase5 antibody
- TGM5 antibody
- TGM5_HUMAN antibody
- TGMX antibody
- TGX antibody
- Transglutaminase X antibody
- Transglutaminase-5 antibody
References for Anti-Transglutaminase 5 antibody (ab26992)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang Z et al. Transglutaminase-1 regulates renal epithelial cell proliferation through activation of Stat-3. J Biol Chem 284:3345-53 (2009). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19049964) »