Anti-Transglutaminase 5 antibody (ab80907)
- Product nameAnti-Transglutaminase 5 antibodySee all Transglutaminase 5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Transglutaminase 5
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide: LGVLKPQHQA SIILETVPFK SGQRQIQANM RSNKFKDIKG YRNVYVDFAL , corresponding to C terminal amino acids 672-721 of Human Transglutaminase 5, (NP_963925).
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80907 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 37, 42 and 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCatalyzes the cross-linking of proteins and the conjugation of polyamines to proteins. Contributes to the formation of the cornified cell envelope of keratinocytes.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in foreskin keratinocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGM5 are a cause of peeling skin syndrome type A (APSS) [MIM:609796]. A non-inflammatory form of peeling skin syndrome, a genodermatosis characterized by the continuous shedding of the outer layers of the epidermis. In APSS patients, skin peeling is strictly limited to the dorsa of the hands and feet, and it is accompanied by accompanied by painless erythema and spontaneous non-scarring healing. Ultrastructural and histological analysis shows a level of blistering high in the epidermis at the stratum granulosum-stratum corneum junction.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transglutaminase superfamily. Transglutaminase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Associated with intermediate filaments.
- Protein glutamine gamma glutamyltransferase 5 antibodyProtein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase 5 antibodyTG(X) antibody
- TGase 5 antibodyTGase X antibodyTGase-5 antibodyTGase5 antibodyTgm5 antibodyTGM5_HUMAN antibodyTGMX antibodyTGX antibodyTransglutaminase X antibodyTransglutaminase-5 antibody
Anti-Transglutaminase 5 antibody images
Anti-Transglutaminase 5 antibody (ab80907) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa cell lysate
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 80 kDa
Observed band size : 80 kDa
Additional bands at : 37 kDa,42 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Transglutaminase 5 antibody (ab80907)
ab80907 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.