Anti-UCP2 antibody (ab97931)
- Product nameAnti-UCP2 antibodySee all UCP2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UCP2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cat, Dog, Pig, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human UCP2.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human Adipose and Spleen Tissue Lysates and FFPE human lymph node tissue sections.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97931 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
- FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation from ATP synthesis. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult human tissues, including tissues rich in macrophages. Most expressed in white adipose tissue and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- BMIQ4 antibodyMitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 antibodySLC25A8 antibody
- Solute carrier family 25 member 8 antibodyUCP 2 antibodyucp2 antibodyUCP2_HUMAN antibodyUCPH antibodyUncoupling protein 2 antibodyUncoupling protein 2 mitochondrial proton carrier antibody
Anti-UCP2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-UCP2 antibody (ab97931) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Adipose (Human) Total Protein Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab28980)
Lane 2 :
Spleen (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29699)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
IHC image of ab97931 staining in human lymph node formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab97931, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-UCP2 antibody (ab97931)
ab97931 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.