Anti-UCP3 antibody [EPR6427] (ab124925)
- Product nameAnti-UCP3 antibody [EPR6427]See all UCP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6427] to UCP3
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human UCP3.
- Positive controlHuman testis and A673 lysates; A673 cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Dissociation constant (Kd) Kd = 7.20 x 10-12 M
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR6427
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124925 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10 - 1/100.|
- FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat. May play a role in the modulation of tissue respiratory control. Participates in thermogenesis and energy balance.
- Tissue specificityOnly in skeletal muscle and heart. Is more expressed in glycolytic than in oxidative skeletal muscles.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCP3 may be involved in obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 antibodySLC25A9 antibodySolute carrier family 25 member 9 antibody
- UCP 3 antibodyUCP3 antibodyUCP3_HUMAN antibodyUncoupling protein 3 antibodyUncoupling protein 3 mitochondrial proton carrier antibody
Anti-UCP3 antibody [EPR6427] images
All lanes : Anti-UCP3 antibody [EPR6427] (ab124925) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human testis lysate
Lane 2 : A673 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
ab124925, at 1/10 dilution, staining UCP3 in permeabilized A673 cells by Flow cytometry.(red).
A rabbit IgG was used as negative control (green).
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-UCP3 antibody [EPR6427] (ab124925)
ab124925 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.