Anti-UCP3 antibody (ab3477)
- Product nameAnti-UCP3 antibodySee all UCP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UCP3
- SpecificityDetects UCP 3 from human, rat and mouse tissues. This antibody does not detect UCP 3 from mouse liver or kidney.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
Synthetic peptide: CR(295)ALMKVQVLRESPF(308). Immunizing peptide corresponds to amino acid residues 295-308 of the mouse and rat UCP 3 protein. This peptide differs from the porcine and human UCP 3 sequence by a single amino acid substitution.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA, 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3477 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.Can be blocked with UCP3 peptide (ab4994). By Western blot, this antibody detects an ~30 kDa protein representing UCP 3 from rat heart homogenate.|
- FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat. May play a role in the modulation of tissue respiratory control. Participates in thermogenesis and energy balance.
- Tissue specificityOnly in skeletal muscle and heart. Is more expressed in glycolytic than in oxidative skeletal muscles.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCP3 may be involved in obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 antibodyMitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 antibodySLC25A9 antibody
- Solute carrier family 25 member 9 antibodyUCP 3 antibodyUCP3 antibodyUCP3_HUMAN antibodyUncoupling protein 3 antibodyUncoupling protein 3 mitochondrial proton carrier antibody
Anti-UCP3 antibody images
Anti-UCP3 antibody (ab3477) at 1 µg/ml + Recombinant human UCP3
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Exposure time : 30 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr ted mills
References for Anti-UCP3 antibody (ab3477)
This product has been referenced in:
- Koga K et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor antagonizes pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H282-93 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23144312) »
- Dos Santos RS et al. Cold acclimation increases mitochondrial oxidative capacity without inducing mitochondrial uncoupling in goldfish white skeletal muscle. Biol Open 2:82-7 (2013). WB ; Goldfish . Read more (PubMed: 23336079) »