Anti-UCP3 antibody (ab41038)
- Product nameAnti-UCP3 antibodySee all UCP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UCP3
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Macaque Monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Human UCP3.
(Peptide available as ab41426.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive result in the following human tissue lysates: Testis - adult normal; Heart - adult normal; Skeletal Muscle - adult normal. This antibody gave a negative result in the following human tissue lysates: Liver - adult normal; Kidney - adult normal.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).Can be blocked with Human UCP3 peptide (ab41426).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionUCP are mitochondrial transporter proteins that create proton leaks across the inner mitochondrial membrane, thus uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation. As a result, energy is dissipated in the form of heat. May play a role in the modulation of tissue respiratory control. Participates in thermogenesis and energy balance.
- Tissue specificityOnly in skeletal muscle and heart. Is more expressed in glycolytic than in oxidative skeletal muscles.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UCP3 may be involved in obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mitochondrial carrier family.
Contains 3 Solcar repeats.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 antibody
- SLC25A9 antibody
- Solute carrier family 25 member 9 antibody
- UCP 3 antibody
- UCP3 antibody
- UCP3_HUMAN antibody
- Uncoupling protein 3 antibody
- Uncoupling protein 3 mitochondrial proton carrier antibody
Anti-UCP3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-UCP3 antibody (ab41038) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Testis (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30257)
Lane 2 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889)
Lane 3 :
Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29431)
Lane 4 :
Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29330)
Lane 5 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab41038 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab41038, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
References for Anti-UCP3 antibody (ab41038)
ab41038 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.