Anti-UHRF1 antibody (ab57083)
- Product nameAnti-UHRF1 antibodySee all UHRF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to UHRF1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: WNEVLASLKD RPASGSPFQL FLSKVEETFQ CICCQELVFR PITTVCQHNV CKDCLDRSFR AQVFSCPACR YDLGRSYAMQ VNQPLQTVLN QLFPGYGNGR , corresponding to amino acids 694-794 of Human UHRF1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab57083 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionPutative E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase. May participate in methylation-dependent transcriptional regulation. Binds to inverted 5'-CCAAT-3' box 2 in the TOP2A promoter, and activates TOP2A expression. Important for G1/S transition. May be involved in DNA repair and chromosomal stability.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in thymus, bone marrow, testis, lung and heart. Overexpressed in breast cancer.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
Contains 2 RING-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 ubiquitin-like domain.
Contains 1 YDG domain.
- Developmental stageExpressed in fetal thymus, liver and kidney.
- DomainThe RING finger is required for ubiquitin ligase activity.
The YDG domain mediates the interaction with histone H3.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues. Phosphorylation may enhance DNA-binding activity.
Ubiquitinated; which leads to proteasomal degradation. Polyubiquitination may be stimulated by DNA damage.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Ac2-121 antibodyAL022808 antibodyE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase UHRF1 antibody
- EC 6.3.2.- antibodyFLJ21925 antibodyhNP95 antibodyhUHRF1 antibodyHuNp95 antibodyICBP90 antibodyInverted CCAAT box binding protein of 90 kDa antibodyInverted CCAAT box binding protein, 90-kD antibodyInverted CCAAT box-binding protein of 90 kDa antibodyLiver regeneration-related protein LRRG126 antibodyMGC138707 antibodyNP95 antibodyNuclear phosphoprotein, 95-KD antibodyNuclear protein 95 antibodyNuclear zinc finger protein Np95 antibodyRING finger protein 106 antibodyRNF106 antibodyTranscription factor ICBP90 antibodyUbiquitin like containing PHD and RING finger domains protein 1 antibodyUbiquitin like PHD and RING finger domain containing protein 1 antibodyUbiquitin-like PHD and RING finger domain-containing protein 1 antibodyUbiquitin-like protein containing PHD and RING finger domains 1 antibodyUbiquitin-like with PHD and ring finger domains 1 antibodyUbiquitin-like, containing PHD and RING finger domains, 1 antibodyUbiquitin-like-containing PHD and RING finger domains protein 1 antibodyUHRF1 antibodyUHRF1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-UHRF1 antibody images
UHRF1 antibody (ab57083) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human endometrium.
Predicted band size : 90 kDa
UHRF1 antibody (ab57083) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
ICC/IF image of ab57083 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab57083, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab57083 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab57083, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-UHRF1 antibody (ab57083)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang F et al. UHRF1 Promotes Cell Growth and Metastasis Through Repression of p16(ink4a) in Colorectal Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol : (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22219067) »
- Rothbart SB et al. Association of UHRF1 with methylated H3K9 directs the maintenance of DNA methylation. Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:1155-60 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23022729) »