Anti-UNG antibody (ab23926)
- Product nameAnti-UNG antibodySee all UNG primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to UNG
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Dog
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human UNG.
(Peptide available as ab25856.)
- Positive control
- In WB, this antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa and Jurkat whole cell lysates, and in HeLa nuclear lysate. In IF, we observed positive staining in HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23926 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35, 39 kDa representing two alternatively spliced forms of UNG that are differentially localized (predicted molecular weight: 33, 35 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionExcises uracil residues from the DNA which can arise as a result of misincorporation of dUMP residues by DNA polymerase or due to deamination of cytosine.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is widely expressed with the highest expression in skeletal muscle, heart and testicles. Isoform 2 has the highest expression levels in tissues containing proliferating cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in UNG are a cause of immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM type 5 syndrome (HIGM5) [MIM:608106]. Hyper-IgM syndrome is a condition characterized by normal or increased serum IgM concentrations associated with low or absent serum IgG, IgA, and IgE concentrations. HIGM5 is associated with profound impairment in immunoglobulin (Ig) class-switch recombination (CSR) at a DNA precleavage step.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the uracil-DNA glycosylase family.
modificationsIsoform 1 is processed by cleavage of a transit peptide.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion and Nucleus.
- DGU antibody
- DKFZp781L1143 antibody
- HIGM 4 antibody
- HIGM4 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000240527 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000240528 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000240529 antibody
- UDG antibody
- UNG 1 antibody
- UNG 15 antibody
- ung antibody
- UNG_HUMAN antibody
- UNG1 antibody
- UNG15 antibody
- UNG2 antibody
- Uracil DNA glycosylase 1 antibody
- Uracil DNA glycosylase 2 antibody
- Uracil DNA glycosylase antibody
- Uracil-DNA glycosylase antibody
Anti-UNG antibody images
All lanes : Anti-UNG antibody (ab23926) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) nuclear lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size : 33, 35 kDa
Observed band size : 35,39 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 18 kDa (possible cleavage fragment,cross reactivity),23 kDa (possible cleavage fragment,cross reactivity),40 kDa (possible cross reactivity).
ICC/IF image of ab23926stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab23926, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red).
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab23926 staining UNG in human heart muscle. Paraffin embedded human heart muscle tissue was incubated with ab23926 (1/500 dilution) for 30 mins at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6.
ab23926 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines.
Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
References for Anti-UNG antibody (ab23926)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kitamura K et al. Uracil DNA glycosylase counteracts APOBEC3G-induced hypermutation of hepatitis B viral genomes: excision repair of covalently closed circular DNA. PLoS Pathog 9:e1003361 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23696735) »
- Bulgar AD et al. Removal of uracil by uracil DNA glycosylase limits pemetrexed cytotoxicity: overriding the limit with methoxyamine to inhibit base excision repair. Cell Death Dis 3:e252 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22237209) »