Anti-Ubiquitin antibody (ab7780)
- Product nameAnti-Ubiquitin antibodySee all Ubiquitin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ubiquitin
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with ubiquitin, a polypeptide w/ Mr. of approx. 8.5kD. Reacts with physiologically occurring conjugates of ubiquitin and intracellular proteins. Specifically recognizes ubiquitinated cytoplasmic inclusion bodies.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African Green Monkey
Predicted to work with: Horse, Cow
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- Positive control
- Pancreas and Alzheimer’s brain
- General notesThis antibody stains the periphery of senile plaques and of neurofibrillary tangles in Alzheimer's disease brain, the Lewy bodies in Parkinson's disease brain, and the Mallory bodies in alcoholic liver disease.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7780 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. 1/500 - 1/1000.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Boil tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 8.5 kDa. Used at a dilution of 1/2000 B16F10 murine melanoma cell line (see Abreview). Predicted molecular weight: 8.5 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevanceFunction: Ubiquitin exists either covalently attached to another protein, or free (unanchored). When covalently bound, it is conjugated to target proteins via an isopeptide bond either as a monomer (monoubiquitin), a polymer linked via different Lys residues of the ubiquitin (polyubiquitin chains) or a linear polymer linked via the initiator Met of the ubiquitin (linear polyubiquitin chains). Polyubiquitin chains, when attached to a target protein, have different functions depending on the Lys residue of the ubiquitin that is linked: Lys-6-linked may be involved in DNA repair; Lys-11-linked is involved in ERAD (endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation) and in cell-cycle regulation; Lys-29-linked is involved in lysosomal degradation; Lys-33-linked is involved in kinase modification; Lys-48-linked is involved in protein degradation via the proteasome; Lys-63-linked is involved in endocytosis, DNA-damage responses as well as in signaling processes leading to activation of the transcription factor NF-kappa-B. Linear polymer chains formed via attachment by the initiator Met lead to cell signaling. Ubiquitin is usually conjugated to Lys residues of target proteins, however, in rare cases, conjugation to Cys or Ser residues has been observed. When polyubiquitin is free (unanchored-polyubiquitin), it also has distinct roles, such as in activation of protein kinases, and in signaling. Similarity: Belongs to the ubiquitin family. Contains 3 ubiquitin-like domains.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 281370 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 100049794 Horse
- Entrez Gene: 7314 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22187 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 192255 Rat
- Omim: 191339 Human
- SwissProt: P0CG53 Cow
- SwissProt: Q8MKD1 Horse
- SwissProt: P0CG47 Human
- SwissProt: P0CG48 Human
- SwissProt: P62988 Human
- SwissProt: P0CG49 Mouse
- SwissProt: P62991 Mouse
- SwissProt: P0CG51 Rat
- SwissProt: P62989 Rat
- Unigene: 356190 Human
- Unigene: 520348 Human
- Unigene: 282093 Mouse
- Unigene: 371592 Mouse
- Unigene: 110618 Rat
- Unigene: 1253 Rat
- Unigene: 3761 Rat
- FLJ25987 antibody
- MGC8385 antibody
- Polyubiquitin B antibody
- RPS 27A antibody
- RPS27A antibody
- UBA 52 antibody
- UBA 80 antibody
- UBA52 antibody
- UBA80 antibody
- UBB antibody
- UBB_HUMAN antibody
- UBC antibody
- UBCEP 1 antibody
- UBCEP 2 antibody
- UBCEP1 antibody
- UBCEP2 antibody
- Ubiquitin antibody
- ubiquitin B antibody
Anti-Ubiquitin antibody images
ab7780 staining Ubiquitin in Panc-1 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in formaldehyde, blocked with 1% serum for 1 hour at 22°C and then incubated with ab7780 at a 1/2000 dilution for 1 hour at 22°C. The secondary was used at a 1/200 dilution.
Green - Golgi residental proteins C2GnT-M.Red -Ubiquitin.
Blue - nucleus staining by DAPI.
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 8.5 kDa
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
ab7780 at a dilution of 1/1000, staining Ubiquitin in neurons (Alexa 488 secondary at 1/2000) on 30
m coronal rat brain tissue sections in free floating IHC (see protocol link for detailed description). Image shows neuronal staining observed with [A] 20x objective and [B] 40x objective. µ
NB: No labeling observed following omission of primary antibody.
Sections were viewed using an Axioplan 2 Imaging microscope (Imaging Associates) fitted with 10x, 20x and 40x Plan-Neofluorobjectives (Zeiss, Germany) and images were taken using a AxioCam Hrm digital camera (Zeiss, Germany) and AxioVision software (Imaging Associates).
ab7780 (1/100) staining Ubiquitin in paraffin-embedded brain sections of a patient with Alzheimer's disease.
ICC/IF image of ab7780 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7780, 1æg/ml) overnight at +4øC. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43æM.
All lanes : Anti-Ubiquitin antibody (ab7780) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human Panc-1 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Human Panc-1 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 700 µg per lane.
HRP Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 8.5 kDa
Exposure time : 25 seconds
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Armen Petrosyan
References for Anti-Ubiquitin antibody (ab7780)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhao A et al. Transiently transfected purine biosynthetic enzymes form stress bodies. PLoS One 8:e56203 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23405267) »
- Sun Y et al. Tissue-specific effects of saposin A and saposin B on glycosphingolipid degradation in mutant mice. Hum Mol Genet 22:2435-50 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23446636) »