Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator Human ELISA Kit (ab108917)
- Product nameUrokinase type Plasminogen Activator Human ELISA KitSee all Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator kits ...
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Tissue
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 0.2 ng/ml
- Range0.25 ng/ml - 8 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is a highly restricted serine protease that converts the zymogen plasminogen to active plasmin, a broad-spectrum serine proteinase capable of degrading most of the major protein components of the extracellular matrix. Binding of uPA to its receptor and subsequent uPA mediated pericellular proteolysis are involved in many process including cell migration and tissue remodeling in angiogeenesis, atherogenesis, tumor cell metastasis, and ovulation. High level of uPA is a poor prognostic marker for aggressive breast cancer, aggressive prostate cancer, bladder cancer and gastric cancer.
Ab108917 Human Urokinase (uPA) ELISA kit is designed for detection of human uPA in plasma, serum, tissue, saliva, milk, and cell culture supernatants. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique that measures urokinase in less than 4 hours. A polyclonal antibody specific for uPA has been pre-coated onto a microplate. Urokinase in standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and a biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for uPA, which is recognized by a streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Biotinylated uPA Antibody (100x) 1 x 80µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 8µl uPA Microplate 1 unit uPA Standard 1 unit Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 30ml
- Research Areas
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 kringle domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-158 and Ser-323 abolishes proadhesive ability but does not interfere with receptor binding.
- ATFATF uPABDPLT5
- Plasminogen activatorPlasminogen activator urinaryPlasminogen activator urokinasePLAUQPDu PAU plasminogen activatorU-plasminogen activatoruPAURKUROK_HUMANUrokinase plasminogen activatorUrokinase type plasminogen activatorUrokinase type plasminogen activator precursorUrokinase-type plasminogen activator chain B
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108917 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator Human ELISA Kit (ab108917)
ab108917 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.