Anti-V5 tag antibody (ab95038)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95038 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.03 - 10 µg/ml. Coating: 2 - 10 ug/ml; Primary: 0.03 - 1 ug/ml|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.03 - 1 µg/ml. Colorimetric: 0.1 - 1 ug/ml; Chemiluminescent: 0.03 - 1 ug/ml|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceThe V5 epitope tag is derived from a small epitope (Pk) present on the P and V proteins of the paramyxovirus of simian virus 5 (SV5). The V5 tag is usually used with all 14 amino acids (GKPIPNPLLGLDST), although it has also been used with a shorter 9 amino acid sequence (IPNPLLGLD).
- Cellular localizationNot applicable
- GKPIPNPLLGLDST epitope tag antibodyGKPIPNPLLGLDST tag antibodyProtein Rev antibody
- Regulator of expression of viral proteins antibodyrev antibodyV5 epitope tag antibody
Anti-V5 tag antibody images
A, cells expressing 315-HARE, 190-HARE, or EV alone were cultured in T-25 flasks until confluent, washed, scraped, and lysed. Cell lysates (100ug of protein) were immunoprecipitated (IP) with anti-Tyr(P) mAb and the immune complexes were subjected to 5% SDS-PAGE and Western blot (WB) analysis using anti-V5 pAb. Cells expressing 315-HARE (B) or 190-HARE (C) cDNA were grown until confluent, washed, incubated for 1 h in medium without serum, and then incubated with (HA) or without (Ctr) 5ug/ml HA for 20 min. The cells were lysed and 200 ug of total lysate protein was immunoprecipitated with anti-HARE mAb-30. Immune complexes were collected and subjected to 5% SDS-PAGE and Western analysis using anti- Tyr(P) mAb. The same blots in B and C were reprobed with anti-V5 Ab (D and E, respectively). Immunopurification using non-immune mouse IgG served as another control in B–E. The solid and open arrows indicate the positions of the 315-HARE and 190-HARE, respectively.
All lanes : Anti-V5 tag antibody (ab95038) at 0.4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein at 0.2 µg
Lane 2 : E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein at 0.1 µg
Lane 3 : E. coli whole cell lysate expressing a multi-tag fusion protein at 0.05 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Immunohistochemical analysis of murine mammary tumour tissue, expressing vector (left) or V5-tagged Cadm1 (right), staining V5 tag with ab95038.
References for Anti-V5 tag antibody (ab95038)
This product has been referenced in:
- Faraji F et al. Cadm1 is a metastasis susceptibility gene that suppresses metastasis by modifying tumor interaction with the cell-mediated immunity. PLoS Genet 8:e1002926 (2012). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 23028344) »