Anti-VCAM1 antibody [1G11B1] (ab7219)
- Product nameAnti-VCAM1 antibody [1G11B1]See all VCAM1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1G11B1] to VCAM1
- SpecificityThe antibody is extremely useful for staining of VCAM-1 expressing endothelial cells. It permits staining of in vitro cultured cells and frozen tissue sections. The antibody can be used for flow cytometry and immunoprecipitation.
- Tested applicationsICC, IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein (Human).
- Positive control
- Lymph nodes can be used as positive control. As negative control it is advised to use as first antibody a control murine IgG1 antibody.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.2% BSA, 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1G11B1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7219 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
The antibody is extremely useful for staining of VCAM-1 expressing endothelial cells. It permits staining of in vitro cultured cells and frozen tissue sections. The antibody can be used for flow cytometry and immunoprecipitation. In vitro cultured cells can be fixed with 1% paraformaldehyde. Tissue sections should be fixed for 10 min in pure acetone followed by incubation for 10 min in chloroform. Incubation with a pretested dilution of the antibody is advised followed by a biotin-conjugated anti-murine Ig and a further incubation with an enzyme (alkaline phosphatase) conjugated streptavidin. For selection of the most useful dilution in a given situation, a test staining with cells or tissue known to express the antigen should be performed. To this end either cultured endothelial cells or a small fresh skin biopsy can be incubated for 8 hours with TNF alpha (1 ng/ml), IL-1 (100 U/ml) or LPS (1 ug/ml) in tissu
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionImportant in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with the beta-1 integrin VLA4 on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/VLA4 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed on inflammed vascular endothelium, as well as on macrophage-like and dendritic cell types in both normal and inflammed tissue.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainEither the first or the fourth Ig-like C2-type domain is required for VLA4-dependent cell adhesion.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD 106 antibody
- CD106 antibody
- CD106 Antigen antibody
- DKFZp779G2333 antibody
- INCAM 100 antibody
- INCAM-100 antibody
- L1CAM antibody
- MGC99561 antibody
- V-CAM 1 antibody
- Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule 1 antibody
- Vascular cell adhesion protein 1 antibody
- VCAM 1 antibody
- VCAM-1 antibody
- VCAM1 antibody
- VCAM1_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-VCAM1 antibody [1G11B1] (ab7219)
ab7219 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.