Anti-VCAM1 antibody  (ab78712)
- Product nameAnti-VCAM1 antibody See all VCAM1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal  to VCAM1
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, IHC (Methanol fixed), IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Glycoprotein fraction from cerebellum of 8-10 day old C57BL/6J mice.
- Positive control
- Brain tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 250mM Sodium chloride, 20mM Sodium phosphate, pH 7.6
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number324
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78712 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC (Methanol fixed)||IHC (Methanol fixed): Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Fresh frozen, acetone or -20C methanol fixed tissues are recommended. Traditional 4% PFA typically does not work well. Other fixatives have not been tested.|
- FunctionImportant in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with the beta-1 integrin VLA4 on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/VLA4 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed on inflammed vascular endothelium, as well as on macrophage-like and dendritic cell types in both normal and inflammed tissue.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainEither the first or the fourth Ig-like C2-type domain is required for VLA4-dependent cell adhesion.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD 106 antibody
- CD106 antibody
- CD106 Antigen antibody
- DKFZp779G2333 antibody
- INCAM 100 antibody
- INCAM-100 antibody
- L1CAM antibody
- MGC99561 antibody
- V-CAM 1 antibody
- Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule 1 antibody
- Vascular cell adhesion protein 1 antibody
- VCAM 1 antibody
- VCAM-1 antibody
- VCAM1 antibody
- VCAM1_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-VCAM1 antibody  (ab78712)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dai C et al. Apolipoprotein A-I attenuates ovalbumin-induced neutrophilic airway inflammation via a granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-dependent mechanism. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 47:186-95 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22427535) »