Anti-VCAM1 antibody [M/K-2] (FITC) (ab24853)
- Product nameAnti-VCAM1 antibody [M/K-2] (FITC)See all VCAM1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [M/K-2] to VCAM1 (FITC)
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for VCAM1.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, Functional Studies, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C in the dark.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberM/K-2
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24853 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FuncS (Blockage of lymphocyte adhesion in Whitlock-Witte long-term bone marrow cultures & Inhibition of lymphopoiesis in Whitlock-Witte cultures): Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionImportant in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with the beta-1 integrin VLA4 on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/VLA4 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed on inflammed vascular endothelium, as well as on macrophage-like and dendritic cell types in both normal and inflammed tissue.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
- DomainEither the first or the fourth Ig-like C2-type domain is required for VLA4-dependent cell adhesion.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD 106 antibodyCD106 antibodyCD106 Antigen antibody
- DKFZp779G2333 antibodyINCAM 100 antibodyINCAM-100 antibodyL1CAM antibodyMGC99561 antibodyV-CAM 1 antibodyVascular Cell Adhesion Molecule 1 antibodyVascular cell adhesion protein 1 antibodyVCAM 1 antibodyVCAM-1 antibodyVCAM1 antibodyVCAM1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-VCAM1 antibody [M/K-2] (FITC) images
ab24853 staining mouse (Balb/c) bone marrow cells by flow cytometry. 1µg of antibody was used for 106 cells.
References for Anti-VCAM1 antibody [M/K-2] (FITC) (ab24853)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ma M et al. Major histocompatibility complex-I expression on embryonic stem cell-derived vascular progenitor cells is critical for syngeneic transplant survival. Stem Cells 28:1465-75 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20629173) »