Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab61273)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial MarkerSee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to VDAC/Porin - Mitochondrial Marker
- Tested applicationsWB, Flow Cyt, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Cynomolgus Monkey, Rhesus monkey, Opossum
Recombinant fragment with tag: MAVPPTYADL GKSARDVFTK GYGFGLIKLD LKTKSENGLE FTSSGSANTE TTKVTGSLET KYRWTEYGLT FTEKWNTDNT LGTEITVEDQ LARGLKLTFD , corresponding to amino acids 1-100 of Human VDAC1 / Porin
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa. This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 416320 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 282119 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7416 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22333 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397010 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100008751 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 83529 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 380376 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 334582 Zebrafish
- Omim: 604492 Human
- SwissProt: P45879 Cow
- SwissProt: P21796 Human
- SwissProt: Q60932 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9MZ16 Pig
- SwissProt: Q9TT15 Rabbit
- SwissProt: Q9Z2L0 Rat
- Unigene: 519320 Human
- Unigene: 709506 Human
- Unigene: 3555 Mouse
- Unigene: 54594 Rat
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31 HL antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC 1 antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- VDAC1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker images
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab61273 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab61273, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab61273)
ab61273 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.