Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab76441)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial MarkerSee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to VDAC/Porin - Mitochondrial Marker
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant Fragment
Predicted to work with: Human
Recombinant fragment (Human) VDAC/Porin (VDAC1) protein 156 a.a. ~ 276 a.a) with a tag. Total MW is 39kDa, MW of tag alone is 26 kDa.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76441 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- Vdac1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker images
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab76441) at 1/500 dilution + immunogen at 0.1 µg
Goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP conjugate at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 39 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody - Mitochondrial Marker (ab76441)
ab76441 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.