Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab97851)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC/Porin antibodySee all VDAC/Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC/Porin
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Cow, Pig
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a sequence within amino acids 1-181 of Human VDAC/Porin (AAH08482).
- Positive control
- A431, H1299, HeLa and HepG2 cell lysates
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C or lower. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97851 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 282119 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7416 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22333 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397010 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100008751 Rabbit
- Omim: 604492 Human
- SwissProt: P45879 Cow
- SwissProt: P21796 Human
- SwissProt: Q60932 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9MZ16 Pig
- SwissProt: Q9TT15 Rabbit
- Unigene: 519320 Human
- Unigene: 709506 Human
- Unigene: 3555 Mouse
- N2441 antibody
- OMP2 antibody
- POR1 antibody
- hVDAC1 antibody
- MGC111064 antibody
- Mitochondrial Porin antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- VDAC1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage dependent anion channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
- YNL055C antibody
- YNL2441C antibody
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody images
Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab97851) at 1/1000 dilution + A431 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
References for Anti-VDAC/Porin antibody (ab97851)
ab97851 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.