Anti-VDAC1 / Porin antibody (ab85123)
- Product nameAnti-VDAC1 / Porin antibodySee all VDAC1 / Porin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VDAC1 / Porin
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
15 amino acid peptide from near the N terminal of Human VDAC1 / Porin
- Positive control
- HepG2 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85123 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.Can be blocked with VDAC1 / Porin peptide (ab95341).|
- FunctionForms a channel through the mitochondrial outer membrane and also the plasma membrane. The channel at the outer mitochondrial membrane allows diffusion of small hydrophilic molecules; in the plasma membrane it is involved in cell volume regulation and apoptosis. It adopts an open conformation at low or zero membrane potential and a closed conformation at potentials above 30-40 mV. The open state has a weak anion selectivity whereas the closed state is cation-selective. May participate in the formation of the permeability transition pore complex (PTPC) responsible for the release of mitochondrial products that triggers apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityHeart, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eukaryotic mitochondrial porin family.
- DomainConsists mainly of a membrane-spanning beta-barrel formed by 19 beta-strands. The helical N-terminus folds back into the pore opening and plays a role in voltage-gated channel activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cell membrane.
- hVDAC1 antibody
- Outer mitochondrial membrane protein porin 1 antibody
- Plasmalemmal porin antibody
- Porin 31HL antibody
- Porin 31HM antibody
- Porin antibody
- VDAC 1 antibody
- VDAC antibody
- VDAC-1 antibody
- Vdac1 antibody
- VDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Voltage Dependent Anion Channel 1 antibody
- Voltage dependent anion selective channel protein 1 antibody
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1 antibody
Anti-VDAC1 / Porin antibody images
Anti-VDAC1 / Porin antibody (ab85123) at 1/250 dilution + HepG2 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Observed band size : 33 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-VDAC1 / Porin antibody (ab85123)
ab85123 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.