Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody (ab38473)
- Product nameAnti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibodySee all VEGF Receptor 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951)
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for VEGF Receptor 2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 951.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from Human VEGF Receptor 2 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 951.
- Positive control
- Breast carcinoma tissue and SK-OV3 cell extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38473 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 190 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 151 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionReceptor for VEGF or VEGFC. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. The VEGF-kinase ligand/receptor signaling system plays a key role in vascular development and regulation of vascular permeability. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KDR are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRB. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-951, Tyr-996, Tyr-1054, Tyr-1059, Tyr-1175 and Tyr-1214.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD309 antibody
- CD309 antigen antibody
- Fetal liver kinase 1 antibody
- FLK-1 antibody
- FLK1 antibody
- KDR antibody
- Kinase insert domain receptor (a type III receptor tyrosine kinase) antibody
- Kinase insert domain receptor antibody
- KRD1 antibody
- Ly73 antibody
- Protein tyrosine kinase receptor FLK1 antibody
- Protein-tyrosine kinase receptor flk-1 antibody
- Tyrosine kinase growth factor receptor antibody
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 antibody
- VEGFR 2 antibody
- VEGFR antibody
- VEGFR-2 antibody
- VEGFR2 antibody
- VGFR2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody images
ab38473 at a 1:50 dilution staining VEGF Receptor 2 in Human breast carcinoma tissue using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Left image : untreated.
Right image : treated with phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody (ab38473) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : SK-OV3 cell extract (5-30ug of total protein).
Lane 2 : SK-OV3 cell extract (5-30ug of total protein). Treated with phosphopeptide.
Alkaline Phosphatase Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Predicted band size : 151 kDa
Observed band size : 190 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody (ab38473)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sangaletti S et al. Macrophage-derived SPARC bridges tumor cell-extracellular matrix interactions toward metastasis. Cancer Res 68:9050-9 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 18974151) »