Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody (ab5464)
- Product nameAnti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibodySee all VEGF Receptor 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic phospho peptide (Human) containing Tyrosine 951.
- Positive control
- NIH3T3 cells transfected with full-length, wild-type human VEGF Receptor 2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 1mg/ml BSA (IgG, protease free). pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated VEGF Receptor 2 protein. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a VEGF Receptor 2 derived peptide that is phosphorylated at Tyrosine 951.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5464 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa.|
- FunctionReceptor for VEGF or VEGFC. Has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity. The VEGF-kinase ligand/receptor signaling system plays a key role in vascular development and regulation of vascular permeability. In case of HIV-1 infection, the interaction with extracellular viral Tat protein seems to enhance angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma lesions.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in KDR are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 7 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRB. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-951, Tyr-996, Tyr-1054, Tyr-1059, Tyr-1175 and Tyr-1214.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD309 antibody
- CD309 antigen antibody
- Fetal liver kinase 1 antibody
- FLK-1 antibody
- FLK1 antibody
- KDR antibody
- Kinase insert domain receptor (a type III receptor tyrosine kinase) antibody
- Kinase insert domain receptor antibody
- KRD1 antibody
- Ly73 antibody
- Protein tyrosine kinase receptor FLK1 antibody
- Protein-tyrosine kinase receptor flk-1 antibody
- Tyrosine kinase growth factor receptor antibody
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 antibody
- VEGFR 2 antibody
- VEGFR antibody
- VEGFR-2 antibody
- VEGFR2 antibody
- VGFR2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody images
Peptide Competition and Stimulation: Extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells transfected with human VEGFR2 and left unstimulated (1) or stimulated with VEGF (2-5) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA TBST buffer overnight at 4°C, then were incubated with 0.40 µg/mL ab5464 antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phospho-tyrosine containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that the signal is strongly induced by VEGF treatment and that only the peptide corresponding to ab5464 blocks the antibody signal, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody.
References for Anti-VEGF Receptor 2 (phospho Y951) antibody (ab5464)
ab5464 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.