Anti-VGLUT3 antibody (ab23977)
- Product nameAnti-VGLUT3 antibodySee all VGLUT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VGLUT3
- SpecificityAntiserum to rat VGLUT3 reacts specifically with 60-62 kD protein of BON cells stably expressing VGLUT3 and of total rat brain extracts. No reactivity was detected with VGLUT1 and VGLUT2.
- Tested applicationsWB, Electron Microscopy, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
A 16 residue synthetic peptide derived from C terminal domain of rat Vesicular Glutamate Transporter type 3 (VGLUT3).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, Whole serum.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23977 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMediates the uptake of glutamate into synaptic vesicles at presynaptic nerve terminals of excitatory neural cells. May also mediate the transport of inorganic phosphate.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in amygdala, cerebellum, hippocampus, medulla, spinal cord and thalamus.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SLC17A8 are the cause of deafness autosomal dominant type 25 (DFNA25) [MIM:605583]. DFNA25 is a form of sensorineural hearing loss. The expression of DFNA25 deafness is variable in terms of onset and rate of progression, with an age-dependent penetrance resembling an early-onset presbycusis, or senile deafness, a progressive bilateral loss of hearing that occurs in the aged.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sodium/anion cotransporter family. VGLUT subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Membrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome.
- deafness autosomal dominant 25 antibodyDFNA 25 antibodyDFNA25 antibody
- SLC17A8 antibodySolute carrier family 17 (sodium dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter) member 8 antibodySolute carrier family 17 member 8 antibodyVesicular glutamate transporter 3 antibodyVGLU3_HUMAN antibodyVGLUT 3 antibodyVGluT3 antibody
References for Anti-VGLUT3 antibody (ab23977)
This product has been referenced in:
- Munguba GC et al. Vesicular glutamate transporter 3 in age-dependent optic neuropathy. Mol Vis 17:413-9 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21311743) »
- Cheng XR et al. Expression of VGLUTs contributes to degeneration and acquisition of learning and memory. Neurobiol Learn Mem 95:361-75 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21295146) »